Google announced that page speed would impact your website ranking. It actually refers to the time a visitor have to wait until your page is completely loaded. On average, a page load for e-commerce website takes 7 seconds meanwhile the ideal load time is around 2 seconds or less.
As a matter of facts, it has an impact on your audience user experience. A bad user experience can cost you a loss of revenue if your target have to wait too long to get what they are looking for. They will just close your website. And above all, a slow page load is penalized by the search engines and has an impact on your ranking, both on mobile and desktop devices. Google says:
“A search result for a resource having a short load time relative to resources having longer load times can be promoted in a presentation order, and search results for the resources having longer load times can be demoted.”
So, to speed up wordpress page you need fast caching plugin.
What’s Caching and How Does it Help Your WordPress Site?
Caching speeds up your website. In addition, it reduces the amount of bandwidth used, decreasing your server load and potentially minimizing the amount of money you would have to spend for hosting.
How does this work?
A cache is technically a temporary storage area for webpages. For example, if a file request is made for your website’s homepage, it takes a moment to load all of the images, written content, widgets and files.
Without a Caching Plugin:
If someone pulls up your homepage, no previous version of that homepage has been stored in the cache, therefore the server must deliver a completely fresh rendition of the webpage. This means that each item, from images to widgets, must go through the loading process.
Since a caching plugin stores several previous versions of the homepage, it can deliver one of those versions to a user, instead of loading up an original page. This cached version of the homepage already has the files loaded, so it pops up for the user much faster, and it prevents further requests going through the server.
And here comes Comet Cache plugin, the simpliest and fastest caching plugin for wordpress websites. This is very good option to speed up your WP site. This plugin is getting updated regularly and constantly improving, the plugin focuses on simplicity and the settings are easy to understand. Comet Cache takes a real-time snapshot of every Page, Post, Category, Link, etc to make sure that your website loads quickly. Once you activate the plugin, you will get the option in the WordPress admin to manage the further settings. You can install free lite version, but there is also pro version, highly recommended because of many more features like:
- Automatic & Intelligent Cache Clearing
- Logged-In User Caching
- Leverage Browser Caching: Avoid multiple roundtrips between the browser and server by leveraging browser caching with Apache
- Import/Export Config. Options: Import or export your Comet Cache configuration from one site to another. Huge time saver!
- HTML Compression: Auto-compress raw HTML code by removing extra chars & white space for smaller overall file size.
- Built-In Automatic Pro Updater
- Cache Statistics and Charts: Analyze statistics about the page cache, HTML Compressor cache, PHP OPCache, and server health.
- Dynamic Cache Version Salt: The ability to generate multiple versions of the cache based on variables that you introduce.
- Enforce Canonical URLs: Force Apache to match your WordPress® Permalink configuration even when caching is enabled.
So make you website ultra fast, rank higher and get more traffic, install Comet Cache.